Commissioner Says Police Will Not Back Down!
Trinidad’s Police Commissioner Gary Griffith on Monday confirmed that police officers who were involved in the shootout last week, which left five people dead, have received death threats.
The Commissioner said that although the threats have been made, the police will not back off or back down in their fight against crime.
Anonymous calls coming into the island’s police emergency number have also threatened the placement of bombs in police stations throughout the country. Griffith says that investigations are currently continuing into these threats.
The police are taking all the necessary precautions against the various threats, believed to have come from gangs associated with or located in the Lavantille area where the shootout took place.
The Commissioner of Police, as well as the Minister of National Security, has made a firm commitment to continue the fight and state that they will not cower in fear of any gang or criminal outfit.